Today, I am heading to Buffalo to help one of best friends move home near me. I love road trips but I get so stressed packing and traveling so much, I have come up with some tips for packing your car and things that I need on my trip.
First, packing for a roadtrip I have three different bags that I bring with me. I have my backpack with my clothes and personal care, my purse, and my cooler. My purse carries my computer, camera and everything I need to stay on top of things. My cooler I pack with drinks and food so I only need to stop for the bathroom and can get there faster.
My book bag is from a brand called thirty one and has in it:
- Undergarments including socks
- Long sleeve, short sleeve and tank top
- Yoga pants
- Large flannel (or like a cardigan if you don’t have this)
- Make up
- Skin care
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hair straightener and hair brush
- Sneakers and sandals
I wear leggings and slippers along with a comfy shirt for the ride there which can all be used again if I need. I also already have my car prepared with rain boots that are always kept in there just in case.
I have had this bag forever and just fell in love with it again. It’s nice and big and not to heavy. It also keeps me from over packing things I don’t need which is a problem for me. So here I keep:
- Camera in the striped case
- Pens and pencil
- Todo notepad
- Computer and charger
I really don’t want to be on the road for long like I have done before. Sometimes I take my time and take lots of breaks but this time going to buffalo I want to get there as fast as I can. So I pack this with food and drinks such as:
- Large water bottle full
- Extra water bottle
- Bottle of water
- Body armor drink
- Box of granola bars
- Apples and banana
Then I pick up usually some sweets from a store before I go along with a coffee and gas.
- Vitamin C packs keep me alive because I can get so sick traveling or my allegories act up around this time of year. I grab a pack of two at the store and take one before I start driving and when I get there. I use my extra empty water bottle for this.
- Spotify playlist is necessary. You can search for some road trip playlists or make one yourself ahead of time. Either way it helps with the long time in the car and especially if your alone.
- Comfy clothes and shoes is important for long trips because you’ll be sitting and if your driving you want comfy shoes.
- A audiobook. I know that people use audible but I just use ITunes and I’m listening to the Harry Potter books right now. I love it but you should still have music if you start to get tired.
- Last, moisturizer because my skin gets so dry. If I’m doing something when I get there I put on make up once I get there in my car but I try not to wear make up for the ride so I can keep my skin clean.
That’s it and I’m off. I hope you guys enjoy this and go on tons of road trips. I’m gonna write another one on keeping your car prepared because I alway have my car ready for everything so I can just pack my stuff and go. Or sometimes just even go because I have back up to for that. Haha
Please follow me as I’m gonna try to post every other day or more if I want. Let me know what you want to hear about.
Positive vibes everyone!!!